IBM in Thailand Continues Leadership in Server and Storage Market
for Revenue in Q4 2013
BANGKOK, THAILAND – 1 April 2014: IBM announced today its continued leadership in the local server and storage market, ranked #1 server and storage vendor for 4Q 2013, as reported by the leading IT market Research and advisory firm, IDC.
According to IDC’s Asia/Pacific Quarterly Server Tracker 4Q 2013*, IBM led in overall server revenue market share with a 38.7 percent market share in Thailand for 4Q 2013.
IBM also led the Thailand External Disk Storage market with 31 percent market share for 4Q 2013 in terms of Vendor Revenue. IBM has held the number one position in term of overall external disk storage market share in the Thailand for twelve consecutive quarters, from 1Q 2011 to 4Q 2013.
“More than ever, IT infrastructure matters. With the emergence and convergence of cloud, social, mobile, and big data and analytics, IBM systems can enable organisations to deliver on the promise of these transformative technologies. We call this Smarter Computing, which helps create efficient and resilient IT environments with intelligent servers and storage systems that empower users to share information, secure transactions and drive real-time insights,” said Joe WC Chan Country Manager, System & Technology Group, IBM Thailand. “The market in Thailand has been receptive so far to our smarter computing approach, realising that it is essential in transformation projects in this era of cognitive.”
Since its introduction in 2011, IBM’s Smarter Computing has been embraced by companies and institutions to fuel innovation based growth and competitiveness. Smarter Computing helps businesses unleash innovation via the cloud, unlock the power of Big Data, and safeguard the security of critical information. In the Thailand, there is an increased demand for the smarter computing approach to IT, to adapt to and capitalise on new trends that have emerged through the growth of mobile, social and online technologies.
IBM was the number one ranked vendor in the following server and external disk storage segments in Thailand in 4Q 2013:
- High-end Enterprise ($250k+ servers) segment with a robust 62.2 percent revenue share (a 28.8 points higher than the next closest competitor)
- RISC and EPIC server segment with 64.1 percent revenue share (38.4 points higher than the next closest competitor)
- Non-x86 Unix server revenue share at 61.9 percent (34.1 points higher than the next closest competitor)
- $10k+ servers segment with 54.7 percent revenue share (32.5 points higher than the next closest competitor)
- High-End External Disk Storage revenue share 40.9 percent (8 points higher than the next closest competitor)
- Mid-Range External Disk Storage revenue share at 32.6 percent (9.2 points higher than the next closest competitor)
- Entry External Disk Storage revenue share at 26.5 percent (9.4 points higher than the next closest competitor)
For further information about IBM, please visit ibm.com
IDC’s Asia/Pacific Quarterly Enterprise Server Tracker, Q4 2013
IDC’s Asia/Pacific Quarterly External Disk Storage Systems Tracker, Q4 2013