The fi-6400: Cost Efficient High Volume Production Scanner
High speed efficient scanning for high volume documents
Bangkok,Thailand , April 20 2015 – Fujitsu, a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions today announced the launch of fi Series*1 fi-6400, capable of scanning 100 pages per minute for centralized scanning. The new fi-6400 is a cost efficient mid-volume production scanner for versatile and high volume scanning needs in vertical markets such as government, finance and BPO.
Assistant Vice President of Fujitsu Imaging Products, Yasunori Miyauchi said “With the introduction of this new series of fi scanners, Fujitsu extends its reach to best fit each and every industry across the region. This strongly positions and maintains Fujitsu as the leading provider for your one-stop scanning solutions.”
With a large hopper and front loading mechanism, it is designed for operators to increase productivity. Intelligent document imaging feature increases scanning efficiency and reliability – all at an attractive, affordable price. Some of these key features include:
Advanced Features to Maximize Your Productivity
- Large volume hopper and high speed scanning: Up to 500 sheets can be loaded to the hopper at a time, boosting efficiency of large volume scanning at centralized operations. Together with a blazing scanning speed of 100ppm (color, A4 size, duplex, 200/300dpi, landscape), maximum productivity can be achieved.
- Advanced feeding mechanism: The fi-6400 is capable of digitizing a variety of document types from ultra-thin receipts to thick document (20-209.3g/m2), providing users total scanning versatility. In addition, this scanner is equipped with reliable “paper protection function” to minimize the risk of documents being damaged even during high speed scanning.
Remarkably Small Design
Customized with a front load feeding mechanism and low height compact design, the fi-6400 allows operators to perform scanning tasks while sitting at their desk. The scanner is designed to minimize the device’s height to allow user to load and remove scanned documents with ease. These greatly reduce the stress of an operator who tends to operate for long hours.
“Our new scanner is designed for the centralized scanning market”, emphasizes Yasunori Miyauchi. “We continue to upgrade and produce the best scanners to satisfy the evolving expectations from users. Its compact and front loading design means you can operate scanning task at your desk to minimize the stress of centralized scanning.”
Leading Hardware Technology Paired with Expert Software
The Fujitsu fi-6400 scanner empowers efficient centralized batch scanning. It includes advanced image processing and capturing applications including PaperStream IP, PaperStream Capture and Scanner Central Admin, providing users with the most powerful, efficient and easy-to-use image enhancement solutions to get organizations up and scanning quickly and easily.
- PaperStream IP – Automatically creates high quality image data without manual adjustments: The scanner driver PaperStream IP, which supports TWAIN/ISIS, saves the hassle to fine tune the document for OCR process. It automatically converts the scanned images into exceptionally clear ones, accelerating OCR even when scanning wrinkled/soiled documents or documents with background.
- PaperStream Capture – Made easy batch scan, validate and confirm document content: With just a few easy settings, PaperStream Capture saves time to sort and save scanned documents with its automated process. As the “Automatic Image Quality Checker” feature automatically detects folded and damaged document, scanned image can be confirmed effortlessly.
- Scanner Central Admin – Efficiently manage multiple scanners: Even when installing several scanners, performing the same adjustments to every scanner is unnecessary. Using the bundled Scanner Central Admin, up to 1,000 scanners can be managed from a single location. In addition, the usage status is traced, so periodic replacement of consumables can be performed smoothly.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.