AMD Unveils New 7000 Series APUs and New Radeon™ Graphics Products for OEM PCs
Latest APU and GPU technologies are designed to enable tech enthusiasts, hard-core gamers and mainstream consumers alike —
Sunnyvale, Calif. — AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) recently, at their 2015 Financial Analyst Day, unveiled new AMD 7000 Series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), AMD Radeon™ 300 and M300 Series Graphics, and AMD A-Series desktop APU updates, delivering a robust lineup of products in 2015 that reinforce AMD’s surround computing leadership.
“We’re excited about the experiences our latest APU and GPU technologies will bring this year for tech enthusiasts, gamers and mainstream consumers alike,” said Matt Skynner, corporate VP and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “AMD’s commitment to graphics and compute performance is evident in the newly available 7000 Series APUs and the Radeon™ 300 Series graphics that deliver superior gaming experiences, premium entertainment streaming and innovative computing features.”
AMD Product Updates:
- New AMD 7000 Series APUs: Formerly codenamed “Carrizo-L” and part of the “Carrizo” platform in the 2015 AMD Mobile APU family roadmap, the mainstream system-on-a-chip (SoC) 7000 Series APUs deliver innovative computing to improve how you work, play and relax, all at an unbelievable value. Now available in Greater China and rolling out globally, these APUs combine a power-efficient CPU, an advanced GPU, an AMD Secure Processor and system I/O on a single energy efficient chip to prolong battery life and enable uninterrupted video streaming. Notebooks and All-in-Ones featuring new AMD 7000 Series processors enable best-in-class gaming and great entertainment. With support for Microsoft® DirectX® 12 and Microsoft’s upcoming Windows® 10 operating system, AMD 7000 Series APUs deliver the experiences consumers expect plus security protection built into the processor.
|Model||TDP||Max DDR3||CPU Cores||CPU Clock (Max/Base)||L2 Cache|
|AMD A8-7410 Quad-Core APU with AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics||12-25W||1866 MHz||4||Up to 2.5GHz||2MB|
|AMD A6-7310 Quad-Core APU with AMD Radeon™ R4 Graphics||12-25W||1600 MHz||4||Up to 2.4 GHz||2MB|
|AMD A4-7210 Quad-Core APU with AMD Radeon™ R3 Graphics||12-25W||1600 MHz||4||Up to 2.2 GHz||2MB|
|AMD E2-7110 APU with AMD Radeon™ Graphics||12-15W||1600 MHz||4||Up to 1.8 GHz||2MB|
|AMD E1-7010 APU with AMD Radeon™ Graphics||10W||1333 MHz||2||Up to 1.5 GHz||1MB|
- AMD Radeon™ M300 Series Graphics for OEM notebooks: AMD is proud to announce the launch of the AMD Radeon™ M300 series of mobile graphics processing units (GPUs) in key partner systems delivering outstanding discrete graphics performance to a variety of notebook designs. The AMD Radeon™ M300 series graphics are based on the award-winning AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture, which offers full support for Direct X® 12 for outstanding game and compute performance, while also offering intelligent power technologies utilizing AMD Enduro™ Technologies1. Designs are currently shipping from Alienware, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Toshiba plus additional OEMs shipping soon.
- AMD Radeon™ 300 Series Graphics for OEM desktops: Additionally, AMD announced the availability of AMD Radeon™ 300 Series desktop graphics, available only through OEMs. The AMD Radeon™ 300 Series GPUs feature AMD’s revolutionary GCN Architecture with full support for DirectX® 12. The product stack will offer a great experience on new Windows® 10 platforms and represents AMD’s commitment to provide the smoothest, high-quality graphics solutions for everyday desktop users. Designs are currently shipping from HP plus additional OEMs shipping soon.
- AMD A-Series Desktop APU update – Starting May 10, AMD’s A-Series desktop APU products will be available at new price points and deliver new features and benefits to end users than ever before. The AMD A-Series Desktop APUs now offer Windows® 10 readiness including DirectX® 12 Multiengine and Multiadapter features. Combined with existing support for AMD FreeSync™, AMD Mantle, HSA features heterogeneous queuing (hQ) and heterogeneous uniform memory access (hUMA) as enabled by OpenCL™ 2.0 applications, and OpenGL 4.4, AMD A-Series APUs stand ready to increase value to end users for popular gaming titles and mainstream productivity applications today and tomorrow.
|A-Series APU Model||Processor Turbo Frequency||Processor Graphics||Compute Cores||TDP/ Configurable TDP||Supported Features||Suggested Retail Price ($USD)|
(4CPU + 8GPU)
|95W / 65W / 45W||FreeSync, Windows® 10 readiness, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL™ 2.0, AMD Mantle, HSA Features||$127|
(4CPU + 8GPU)
|65W / 45W Optimized||FreeSync, Windows® 10 readiness, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL™ 2.0, AMD Mantle, HSA Features||$127|
(4CPU + 6GPU)
|95W||FreeSync, Windows® 10 readiness, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL™ 2.0, AMD Mantle, HSA Features||$117|
(4CPU + 6GPU)
|95W||FreeSync, Windows® 10 readiness, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL™ 2.0, AMD Mantle, HSA Features||$95|
(4CPU + 6GPU)
|65W/ 45W Optimized||FreeSync, Windows® 10 readiness, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL™ 2.0, AMD Mantle, HSA Features||$85|
(2CPU + 4GPU)
|65W/ 45W Optimized||FreeSync, Windows® 10 readiness, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL™ 2.0, AMD Mantle, HSA Features||$60|
|A4-7300||4.0GHz||RADEON™ HD-8470D||N/A||65W||Windows® 10 readiness, DirectX 11.2, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL™ 1.2||$42|
- AMD products hub page here
- Find AMD A-Series APU pricing here
- AMD A series APU Technologies here
- Find AMD Radeon™ GPU information here
- AMD Radeon Technologies here
- More information on AMD Investor Relations
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
- Join AMD on Google+
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Enduro, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.
DirectX, Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions.
OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
- AMD Enduro™ technology automatically turns off the AMD Radeon™ discrete GPU for non-intensive applications to help maximize battery life for more time unplugged, and requires either an AMD A-Series APU or an Intel processor, plus an AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics card and is available on Windows® 7 and Windows 8 Standard and Professional editions. Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to switch between graphics solutions. With AMD Enduro™ technology, full enablement of all discrete graphics video and display features may not be supported on all systems (e.g. OpenGL applications will run on the integrated GPU or the APU as the case may be).