Red Hat Unveils Flexible and Portable Cloud Storage with Red Hat Gluster Storage on Google Cloud Platform
Expands customer capabilities to deploy scalable hybrid cloud storage
Thailand — February 23, 2016 – Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced it has expanded its alliance with Google to deliver Red Hat Gluster Storage on Google Cloud Platform. Red Hat Gluster Storage is a shared-nothing, scale-out solution available to Google Cloud Platform customers seeking elastic and robust file storage across public and hybrid cloud environments.
Deploying Red Hat Gluster Storage on Google Cloud Platform enables customers to deploy the same storage technology on-premises and on Google Cloud Platform so users can take their existing applications with them as they move into the cloud. Traditional hardware storage solutions do not offer this level of flexibility – open, software-defined storage found in Red Hat Gluster Storage can provide the level of compatibility and agility required for hybrid cloud infrastructures.
Google Cloud Platform customers deploying Red Hat Gluster Storage can benefit from the following capabilities.
- Elastic scalability – With Red Hat Gluster Storage, customers can have the elastic scalability to enable them to meet evolving business demands for their public cloud environments. Aggregating multiple Google Persistent Disks, Red Hat Gluster Storage can create a single, more secure and highly available storage pool that can scale to petabytes of data in minutes without disruption.
- Agility – Red Hat Gluster Storage provides the agility required to migrate data and applications to the public cloud or to extend on-premises storage infrastructure to the cloud. The POSIX-compatible distributed file system makes deploying a variety of applications to Google Cloud Platform possible by providing a compatible, universal storage platform without having to rewrite applications.
- Robust data protection for on-premise data – With Red Hat Gluster Storage, customers can integrate cloud into their backup or data protection strategy. The public cloud can serve as a backup or disaster recovery solution for production data or applications, enabling customers to replicate data from on-premises environments to Google Cloud Platform.
Availability for Red Hat Gluster Storage on Google Cloud Platform Google continues the companies’ work to bring Red Hat solutions to Google Cloud Platform. Google joined the Red Hat Certified Cloud Provider programn in November 2013. In December 2013, Red Hat announced availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux enabled for Red Hat Cloud Access on Google Compute Engine. Red Hat Cloud Access is a feature included in select Red Hat subscriptions to enable Provider. More recently, Red Hat JBoss Middleware, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Atomic Host, and Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated became available on Google Cloud Platform.
Ranga Rangachari, vice president and general manager, Storage and Big Data, Red Hat
“Storage has evolved beyond a hardware-centric approach, especially as enterprises increasingly build and deploy applications on-premises and in public and hybrid clouds. Modern applications need flexible storage solutions that can scale-out as business needs change, managing petabytes of data in a variety of environments. We are excited to expand our alliance with Google to bring even more choice to the hybrid cloud: whether on-premise or in the public cloud with Google Cloud Platform, customers can rely on their Red Hat Gluster Storage to meet growing storage needs.”
- Learn more about Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Learn more about Google Cloud Platform
- Learn more about Red Hat Cloud Access
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Like Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.