AMD Announces World’s First Professional Workstation Graphics Card with Industry-Leading 32GB Memory
– New creative tools for VR showcased with hardware and software partners
at 2016 NAB Show –
LAS VEGAS, Nev. —At the 2016 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) announced the new AMD FirePro W9100 32GB — the world’s first workstation graphics card with industry leading 32GB memory support for large asset workflows with creative applications planned for availability in Q2 2016. AMD also introduced the AMD FireRender plug-in for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, which enables VR storytellers to bring ideas to life through enhanced 4K workflows, photorealistic rendering functionality, and powerful creation support.
“The imagination of the creator is limitless so much so that the professional creator consumes all available resources to produce new and never before seen designs and experiences. Some professional creative workflows demand very high bandwidth memory subsystems while others demand high memory size. AMD pioneered the era of High Bandwidth and Ultra Efficient Memory through the introduction of HBM technology in 2015 and will bring it to content creators with the introduction of Radeon™ Pro Duo graphics. With the new AMD FirePro W9100 32GB, AMD is unleashing the world’s largest memory size professional workstation graphics card,” said Raja Koduri, senior vice-president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group (RTG), AMD. “Along with exceptional hardware, AMD is also delivering software tools to leverage our high bandwidth and large memory GPU configurations effectively.”
At the 2016 NAB Show StudioXperience’s AMD FireProTM GPU Zone (booth SL2425), attendees can experience powerful technologies showcased in industry-leading creation applications demonstrating how to efficiently balance content creation workloads with outstanding visual quality, application responsiveness and compute performance. The exhibit showcases solutions from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Blackmagic Design, Dell, HP and Rhino offering attendees a range of hands-on workflow experiences powered by AMD FirePro professional graphics, including:
- An AMD product showcase demonstrating support for a VR production workflow featuring the new AMD FirePro W9100 32GB graphics card for speed and ultra-high-definition visual performance, and the RadeonTM Pro Duo graphics card – which forms the world’s most powerful platform for virtual reality (VR) when combined with the AMD LiquidVR™ SDK, capable of both creation and consumption of VR content. The AMD FirePro W9100 32GB graphics card is also designed for Computer-Aided Engineering (Siemens NX Nastran, SIMULIA Abaqus) and Visualization tools (AutoDesk VRED 2016).
- An Autodesk demonstration featuring the AMD FireRender plug-in designed for Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2016 powered by an HP workstation with dual AMD FirePro™ W9100 professional graphics.
- An AMD FirePro graphics demonstration offering increased color accuracy and support for display resolutions up to 4k, as well as GPU-acceleration to empower content creation with the Adobe video tools, including Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC and Adobe After Effects® CC.
- A free interactive photorealistic ray trace renderer for the forthcoming Rhino version 6 that works inside the Rhino viewport for physically correct material with rendering technology based on the OpenCL™-accelerated AMD FireRender plug-in.
The AMD professional graphics cards are on display with hardware and software leaders at the 2016 NAB Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada at booths SL2425 and SL10227 and during ShowStoppers at NAB 2016.
- Become a fan ofAMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter @AMDFirePro
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter@AMD
- Discover AMD FirePro W9100
About AMD: For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, and Facebook and Twitter pages.