Great Place to Work® and Fortune Name VMware
One of the 2017 Fortune Best Companies to Work For
THAILAND (March 16, 2017) — For the third year in a row, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) is one of the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work® and Fortune. VMware is also ranked as one of the top 10 information technology companies to work for in this year’s list.
The list, which is based on employee ratings of their workplace culture, including the level of trust they feel towards leaders, the pride they take in their jobs and the camaraderie they experience with co-workers.
The field of potential competitors for the list is large. Any company that is at least five years old with more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible.
Judges base their selections on two components: an evaluation of each company’s policies and culture, and a confidential opinion survey of randomly selected employees. Two-thirds of the total score comes from the employee survey, which is made up of questions posed by the Great Place to Work Institute. It includes more than 50 questions and is designed to measure the frequency with which employees experience trust, pride, and camaraderie in the workplace, and was conducted last year.
In the past year, VMware also ranked as a best workplace in Technology (No. 11, large business category) for Giving Back (No. 14) and for Parents (No. 4), by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
- B-roll can be found at http://www.vmware.com/company/news.html. This includes B-roll of “VMware employee celebrations,” which highlights aspects of VMware’s unique culture.
- VMware is currently hiring, with over 1,800 open positions around the world. More information can be found at the VMware Careers Site: http://careers.vmware.com
- Read a blog post on our recognition on the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list
- Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with VMware Careers on Twitter and Facebook
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, helps customers accelerate their digital transformation. VMware enables enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT with VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture™ and solutions for the data center, mobility, and security. With 2016 revenue of $7.09 billion, VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide.
VMware and Cross-Cloud Architecture are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.