Seedstars selected 10 most promising seed-stage startups in Mongolia
On Friday, 23rd of June, 10 of Mongolia’s most promising seed-stage startups will compete to represent the country at the Seedstars Summit and win up to USD 1 million in equity investment.
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 — Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes has brought its pre-selection rounds to an end. With the support of the local hosts ITZone and Microsoft Mongolia, Seedstars World will be holding a dynamic pitch event on June 23rd at Chinggis Khaan Hotel.
The top startups to advance to the grand final are:
- Beelog Technologies, a smart planting pot which reduces the indoor air pollution.
- Hola, allows people to book translators to write professional business emails via a mobile application.
- Mamaapp, Mongolian online community application for modern moms.
- Manai Bair, social networking platform for homes. Home residents can communicate with various public-private entities and between themselves.
- Medilize, marketplace for the patients to promptly find a medical service.
- Mixsor, smart home automation IoTs.
- Mogulbox, a box which helps SMEs to get total IT solution and service with unbelievably low cost.
- Ocurus, virtual tour solution which helps to build and share 360-degree virtual tours with the most advanced features for free
- TataTunga, AI-based customer service platform.
- Uyach app, news and marketplace app for horse lovers.
The winner of Seedstars Ulaanbaatar will represent Mongolia at Seedstars final event held in April 2018, where all 80+ regional finalists will compete for the USD 1,000,000 of equity investment from Seedstars and global partners.
The winner of Seedstars Ulaanbaater will also get a special prize from ITZone — certificate for MNT 1 000 000!
The line up of jury members of the Seedstars Ulaanbaatar competition will include:
- Battulga Norolkhoojav — Founder and Chairman at ITZone,
- Dulguun Ulaankhuu — Founder and CEO at Gemnet,
- Naranbat Nasanbat — Business Development Executive at Microsoft Mongolia,
- Odsuren Badarch — Chairman at Metro Development Group,
- Agahuseyn Ahmadov — Associate for CEE region at Seedstars World.
The event will be kicked off with a speech of Ilaria Dali — Deputy Director of Cooperation First Secretary of Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC and opening keynote from Seedstars Ambassador in Mongolia — Naranbat Nasanbat.
There will be held a panel discussion: ‘From Minegolia to Mindgolia: How Mongolian Tech Entrepreneurs can solve global problems’. The speakers will include Gankhuyag Adilbish — Board Member at Unitel Group, Chairman at Premium Group, Chairman at MCS Coca-Cola, Board Member at MMC, Boldbaatar Ochirsuren — Group CFO at AND Global Pte.ltd, Co-Founder of Lendmn, Galsansar Myagmar — Startup coordinator at Youth Employment Promotion Project, mentor at Startup Mongolia, and Ider-Od Bat-Erdene — VP at Startup Mongolia.
All selected startup will attend an invite-only Bootcamp on June 21st, where they will get the feedback session from local and international mentors about their pitches. Mentors will include Khicheengui Ochirbat — Head of Innovation, Technology, and R&D at National Information Technology Park in Mongolia, Enkhbolor Gantulga — Consultant at World Bank Group, Erdenebat Sodnom-Ish — CEO at Startup Mongolia, Ider-Od Bat-Erdene — VP at Startup Mongolia, Daria Golikova — Associate for CEE region at Seedstars World, Ehab Eltayeb — Co-Founder of Promotion-Craft, Boldbaatar Ganhuyag — President at Wild Digital Agency, Philipp Marxen — Founder at AlphaKernel.
Seedstars World is closely working with ITZone and Microsoft Mongolia, in order to deliver the best possible event and to provide local entrepreneurs with this opportunity. Further support is provided by sponsors Gemnet, Metro Development Group, and local supporters Startup Mongolia, National Information Technology Park and SDC in Mongolia.
“Rapid development of Information Technology and Digital transformation is giving an equal fighting chance to the new generation of entrepreneurs all around the world. So as seniors and more experienced peers we decided to host Seedstars World in Mongolia to empower the aspiration and teamwork and to broaden the horizons for the next generation of Mongolian entrepreneurs. The best of them will represent Mongolia on global stage” said Mr. Battulga N. founder and chairman of ITZone LLC.