Monday, June 19, 2017 — MEET THE BEST EARLY STAGE TECH STARTUPS FROM MYANMAR
Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes is coming to Myanmar for the 3rd time. Seedstars World will not only be hosting a dynamic pitching event at AYA Bank (3rd floor) on the 21st of June at 7pm, but will also hold an exclusive two day bootcamp in cooperation with Omidyar Network. This bootcamp will feature outstanding local and international entrepreneurs, mentors, and partners, who will support the startups with growth hacking, team dynamics, and business models over the course of two days.
Myanmar was previously represented at the Global Summit by E-School with their innovative cloud based solution for schools. It can be managed by the administration as well as teachers Parents can access via mobile app.
The top startups to advance to the grand final of Seedstars Yangon on the 21st of June are:
- Doctor on Call: Healthcare service is mainly aim at the every stages of Myanmar people those who live in various places to be served in safe and easy and effectively.
- Greenovator: Help empower Farmers to solve problems for themselves by providing access to reliable information and data that makes farmers have low productivity
- Instacash: an online lending platform that allows users to borrow money quickly and easily at affordable interest rates.
- Kargo: Revolutionising logistics in Myanmar through technology by connecting business with our fleet of independent truck drivers and trucking companies.
- Neh Thit (New Day): Myanmar’s first smartphone-centric low-income jobs platform, enabling easily-accessible job-matching and skills training.
- Agtrade: Market-matching platform for Farmers, Brokers and Traders in Myanmar which offers a transparent market-matching platform for the main stakeholders in agricultural supply chains.
- Thamadaw: pharmacy marketplace that makes it easy for independent retailers to earn higher profit margins for their wholesale purchases.
- Amyanpoh: technical delivery solutions for e-commerce companies.
In order to provide local entrepreneurs with this opportunity and aiming to deliver the best possible event, Seedstars World is working closely with Omidyar Network, AYA Bank, and Ooredoo. Further support is provided by Thura Swiss, Phandeeyar, Strategy First, and Internet Journal in sourcing the best startups in Myanmar.
The startups will pitch in front of a jury that consists of CV Madhukar, Investment Partner at Omidyar Network, Rosie Keller, Associate for Asia at Seedstars World, Pwint oo SW, Marketing and Communications Manager at Ooredoo Myanmar, Steve Haley, Head of Business Solutions at Wave Money, and Myint Zaw, Managing Director at AYA Bank.
“They tried to bury us, they didn’t know we were seeds.” – Mexican proverb
Seedstars is a Swiss based group of companies which has the goal of impacting people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Seedstars connects stakeholders within these ecosystems, builds companies from scratch with public and private partners and invests in high growth startups. Through different activities of startup scouting, company building and acceleration programs, the team has now access to entrepreneurs, investors, incubators, corporations and government officials from 60+ countries. The Seedstars group includes:
– Seedstars World, a worldwide startup competition, sourcing in 60+ emerging markets the top talent from these regions
– Seedstars Growth, a three month virtual acceleration program
– Seedspace a network of coworking and co-living spaces now in 25+ countries
– Seedstars Academy, a six months program to train aspiring local entrepreneurs to build sustainable businesses, currently running in Nigeria and Ivory Coast