Six Enterprises in Thailand Named as the Country Level Winners for IDC Digital Transformation Award (DXa) 2017
Siam City Cement, True Money, BDMS, True Corp., AIA, and TMB Bank have been recognized by IDC for excellence in their digital transformation (DX) efforts, and all six country level winners will compete against other Asia Pacific winners at Singapore
BANGKOK, November 20th, 2017 – IDC ASEAN announced today the six enterprises that were named as the country level winners of its first-ever IDC Digital Transformation Awards (DXa) 2017 in Thailand. IDC’s prestigious DXa recognizes organization that have significantly disrupted the market or have transformed it using digital and disruptive technologies.
Siam City Cement, True Money, BDMS, True Corp., AIA, and TMB Bank have been recognized as the winners for Digital Transformer of the Year, Digital Disruptor of the Year, DX Leader in L3D Mastery (BDMS and True Corp.), DX Leader in Omni-experience Innovation, and DX Leader in Operational Transformation respectively. These winners successfully distinguished themselves for their discernible and measurable excellence in their digital transformation (DX) efforts across the DX masteries and significant efforts to transform or disrupt the market.
“In 2017, we witnessed many leading organizations in Thailand which have progressed on digital transformation (DX) strategies. The changing business environment, caused by the ever-broader adoption of the third platform and all the emerging disruptive innovations, has dramatically forced organizations to adapt themselves in different aspects and become more agile. The Thailand winners from various industry segments have shown that DX is inevitable for organizations to survive the competitive edges. The way they’re doing business today with recently developed working style and culture, the more collaboration between IT and business units, are all exciting elements we can see in their effort towards the successful DX journey. By 2020, IDC predicts that 30% of the top 500 companies in Thailand will see majority of their business depending on the ability to create digitally-enhanced products, services and experiences,” says Dr. Tipyada Sricharoen, Senior Research Manager, IDC Thailand.
The winning organizations from Thailand in the 2017 IDC DX Awards and their outstanding DX initiatives that distinguished them are:
- Siam City Cement Plc. (SCCC) named Digital Transformer of the Year. The Pervasive Network project for a digitally connected plant set up at its Saraburi operations has been granted with full endorsement by SCCC Board in the midst of its business expansion and acquisition in the region. Being the first major IoT project in the manufacturing sector in Thailand, and the first for the cement manufacturing in Asia Pacific, the project has served as the core infrastructure foundation for the wholly integrated IT-OT operations in all cement plant areas. It will also an infrastructural enabler for the soon-to-come machine learning, predictive analytics, digital maintenance inspection, contractor management, digital safety, and asset tracking management.
- TrueMoney Co. Ltd. named Digital Disruptor of the Year. With an aim to provide the innovative financial services that is convenient and efficient for all, the e-money project called TrueMoney Wallet was established. The continuous effort has been focusing on the use cases that really matter in the local market. Today, TrueMoney Wallet has become the flagship consumer product of True Money, with a promising ecosystem and support from partners such as 7-eleven and Apple. As of now, the company has gained no.1 market share of the overall e-wallet market in Thailand, with the number of active users growing from 770,000 at end of 2016 to 3M in Oct 2017.
- Bangkok Dusit Medical Services Plc. (BDMS) named DX Leader in L3D Mastery. The trend in healthcare is shifting from a traditional to a more preventive approach. In combination with the strong competition in the marketplace, BDMS has been driven to offer healthcare business that provides extended services of more than just reactive healthcare model. The Precision Medicine at BDMS is a continuous program, with sub-projects such as the B-eXchange system, Genomic data, Sweet Heart Project, and Health Passport created. It brought up a new constructive business model that the hospital has never been accustomed before, putting BDMS in a leading position compared to its peers.
- True Corporation Plc. named another DX Leader in L3D Mastery. With the support of its leadership and top management, True has recognized the value of Data Analytics in driving its business growth. The data scientist team, increased in scale by five times in four years, has been integrated and incorporated into the heart of the organization’s transformation. Insights obtained over time has proved to be useful for cross business-unit collaboration. True is now able to provide its customers with spontaneous response, more effectively manage and operate its business, and plan for its future demand. The transformation into a data-driven organization is key to drive its today growth.
- AIA Co. Ltd. named DX Leader in Omni-Experience Innovation. AIA Co. Ltd. embarked on their digital journey since 2013 and has been aiming to better serve customers through the faster service delivery with high quality standard. By choosing the right architecture and the right positioning strategies, the two state-of-the-art applications, namely AIA iService and AIA iCare, have been successfully launched. These applications enhanced customer experiences by providing the self-service and after-sale support through the efficient 24/7 multi-channels for both customers and agents. This has proven AIA’s commitment in its business transformation to provide a better experience for its valued stakeholders.
- TMB Bank Plc. named DX Leader in Information Visionary. As one leading bank who’s been operating in Thailand for over 50 years, TMB is the first bank to implement GIS technology for the property valuation. In the GIS-based loan valuation process, a vast amount of information imposed on a high-resolution map has been taken into account to evaluate the fact-based risks, and eventually approve to release the loan. As a result, the overall operations have been significantly simplified, making it even faster and more effective, increasing the customer satisfaction and business profitability.
“Digital transformation is changing the way the local enterprises operate, reshaping the Thai economy, and propelling the country into digital era. Today we recognize the digital trailblazers across Thailand for their great achievement in digital transformation and, as digital transformation efforts shift from ‘project’ status to strategic business imperative, we can expect more achievements to come,” said Jarit Sidhu, Head of Operation for IDC Thailand.
The IDC DX Awards winners for Thailand were selected through three rounds of panel judging and scoring on IDC’s DX MaturityScape Benchmark Assessment. In enforcing the highest level of transparency and impartiality in the evaluation process, each submission was reviewed and deliberated on by IDC Asia/Pacific senior executives.
Winners from all around Asia Pacific will join the Thailand winners at IDC’s DX Summit and Digital Transformation Awards (DXa) Gala Night, where the regional winners will be announced for the categories of Digital Transformer of the Year; Digital Disruptor of the Year; DX Leader – L3D Mastery; DX Leader – Information Visionary; DX Leader – Omni-experience Innovation; DX Leader – Operational Transformation; and DX Leader – Talent Acceleration. The regional awards will happen on 28th November 2017 at Gardens by the Bay, Singapore. For more information on the awards and judging criteria, visit www.IDCDXawards.com.
For queries about IDC DX Awards, contact Dr. Tipyada Sricharoen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC’s analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research, and events company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC