Kaspersky Lab launches latest security products,
Bringing genuine protection to home users’ privacy, digital identity, money and data
17 September 2014
Newly updated award-wining Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 enhance ultimate protection for home users
Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content and threat management solutions, announces the release of its newly updated product line for home users: Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 (KIS 2015) and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 (KAV 2015). The solutions were developed to protect Windows users from existing and new threats; making their online lives easier and safer.
In a world of increasingly sophisticated online threats – with 315,000 new samples of malicious software appear every day, people are liable security software capable of protecting them from cyber-threats. According to Ms. Ellis Chung, Marketing Director, Kaspersky Lab APAC, the latest editions of the products includes several innovations to further enhance protection, performance, usability and with an all-new socialization focus. To address the constantly changing threat landscape, the new Kaspersky Lab flagship products are integrated with all new features to protect against encryption malware, unauthorized webcam surveillance, as well as guard against the risks of working on vulnerable Wi-Fi networks.
Research conducted by Kaspersky Lab and B2B International indicates that Internet user’s biggest concerns while online are the protection of their privacy and identity, their personal data, their finances and their children’s safety.
“Cybercriminals constantly target social media and online banking accounts, passwords and other private information,” Ms. Chung said. “The Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 – or KIS 2015 – is our best consumer internet security product. It is an amazing combination of everything you need to protect your digital life while optimizing performance and usability.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 delivers premium home protection from all Internet threats, including the most sophisticated of them, ensuring online users are always safe while working, performing banking transactions online, shopping, participating in social networking and more. New technologies, such as Webcam Protection, System Watcher, and Wi-Fi Security Notification keep you safe while protecting your financial transactions and privacy. In addition, Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 is optimized for maximum performance, so users will never be slowed down when using the internet to its full potential.
“The accessibility of Internet has made the Thai people more Internet-savvy than their regional counterparts. It’s no wonder almost everyone’s going online from publicly accessible Wi-Fi hotspots here. Unfortunately, this scenario also makes them vulnerable to cyber-threats, particularly those using open public Wi-Fi hotspots,” warned Jimmy Fong, Channel Sales Director of Kaspersky Lab South East Asia.
“In the hand of criminals, open public Wi-Fi hotspots can become a tool for these criminals to intercept user data such as login ID’s or even passwords. With the availability of Kaspersky Internet Security, the latest addition to our line of protection tools, can be an effective first line of defence for the Thai people against such attacks. The Wi-Fi Security module enables users to receive alerts of any potential threats of the Wi-Fi network they are connecting to” Fong said.
Webcam hacking, or intercepting images from the webcam, is one way of using malware for online espionage. Many users pay little attention to what might be recorded on their webcams – even though the camera could capture images of documents containing bank details, credit cards, or simply personal activities that people prefer not to expose to strangers. For our customers to be confident that they are never observed without their knowledge or consent, Kaspersky Lab has developed the Webcam Protection feature. It helps monitor which applications attempt to connect to the webcam, warns the user of access attempts, and, if necessary, blocks webcam access.
One of the most serious threats to our customers’ documents, pictures, and music comes from so-called cryptomalware, or malware that encrypts files and demands a ransom before restoring access to the information. Once the data is encrypted, not even removing the malware itself canrestore access to the encrypted files, so Kaspersky Lab has built a way to regain access to data without paying anyransom. Kaspersky Lab’s System Watcher module analyzes all processes running on the operating system, and now features new data backup functionality. When System Watcher detects a suspicious program attempting to modify a user file, it instantly creates a local backup copy of that file, free from any external changes. If further observation indicates that the program that changed the file was malicious, then the changes will be rolled back.
Wi-Fi Security Notification
In the hands of criminals, public wireless networks can easilybecome yet another tool to intercept user data. That’s why Kaspersky Lab has introduced a Wi-Fi Security Notification module into the new edition of Kaspersky Internet Security. This module verifies the security of Wi-Fi hotspots and alerts the user toany potential threats, such as a vulnerable network connection or the transmission of an unsecured password via the Internet. Users also receive tips and recommendations on how to securely configure their own home Wi-Fi network.
In addition to these key new features, the 2015 versions of Kaspersky Lab’s consumer security portfolio includes a number of extra enhancements:
- Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus now include automatic updates& upgrades when newer versions become available. This innovation means users willalways have the most recent and reliable version of their security product without the hassle of manually downloading and installing it.
- Improvements were introduced into the Safe Money module to protect online financial transactions at every stage. Now,Safe Moneyalso blocks third-party applications from accessing the web browser clipboard, which may temporarily contain confidential data (such as copied login credentials). The Safe Money module continues to offer protection from screen-capture technology, malicious browser extensions, and other money-stealing tactics used by cybercriminals.
- For users of paid Wi-Fi networks, 3G or LTE connections, the solution now includes the Cost-Aware Networking feature that reduces the amount of data communicated by the product via the net.
- In the anti-phishing module, which helps the user avoid unwanted and malicious webpages, improvements were introduced into the text, image and website link analysis technology. This leads to faster and more accurate detections of fake websites designed to steal money and sensitive user information.
- The main menu and interface has been unified across all products so users can easily navigate applications regardless of the operating system or product version. Careful attention to resourceconsumption has helped improve the effectiveness of security tools without affecting the performance of the operating system.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is the foundation of our battle with the latest malware. It protects against malicious software, assesses the security of each website a user visits and identifies any suspicious program behavior.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus also includes an automatic exploit protection system, which prevents malware from exploiting security gaps in legitimate applications and software used by millions of people across the globe.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 3PCs is available at THB 1,380, 1 PC at THB 690.
Kaspersky Internet Security
Kaspersky Internet Security provides premium PC protection to protect our customers from all types of Internet threats. In addition to antivirus and anti-phishing protection, it includes a range of other tools and technologies to help protect privacy, personal data and online payments.
Kaspersky Internet Security also enables parents to monitor their children’s activity on the Web with the help of the Parental Control module.
Kaspersky Internet Security 3PCs is available at THB 1,780, 1 PC at THB 890.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world’s largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its more than 17-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for large enterprises, SMBs and consumers. Kaspersky Lab, with its holding company registered in the United Kingdom, currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2012. The rating was published in the IDC report “Worldwide Endpoint Security 2013–2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares (IDC #242618, August 2013). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2012.