Fujitsu Launches ScanSnap iX100
World’s Lightest, Fastest, Wi-Fi Equipped Built-In Battery Scanner
Scanning versatility like no other
Thailand , Bangkok ,September 22nd 2014 – Fujitsu, a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions today announced a new launch to its award-winning ScanSnap product series, ScanSnap iX100. It is not only the world’s lightest and fastest scanner*1, but it is also equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity and built-in battery to provide users the ultimate mobile scanning experience – whether at home, in the office or on the road.
The ultra-portable wireless document scanner, ScanSnap iX100 enables users to scan photos*2, documents, or business cards directly to any device platform or cloud services via Wi-Fi; without worrying about the Wi-Fi network environment or having entangled cables. Further engineered with the powerful GI processor, ScanSnap iX100 delivers high-quality and auto-corrected digitized image data from any document.
“With the increasing number of people working out of the office environment, mobile devices such as tablet and smartphones have become essentials for most business people”, says Satoshi Yamada, Assistant Vice President of Fujitsu Imaging Products.” Our ScanSnap iX100 is a tiny but reliable scanning partner that enhances work efficiency.”
The World’s Lightest and Fastest Scanner
Even with the built-in battery and Wi-Fi connectivity, the ScanSnap iX100 is merely 400g in weight, and it allows users to scan up to 260 sheets (A4, color, simplex, 300dpi)*3 when fully-charged. The scanning speed has also enhanced to 5.2 seconds per page (A4, color, 200/300dpi) which is 30% faster than the existing model. With its continuous scanning function, multiple documents can be converted into PDF format for viewing and sharing in a snappy speed.
“We believe in constant upgrading and improving our ScanSnap products to match the future needs of our customers.’ adds Satoshi Yamada.
Versatile usage scenarios
Indulge in the ultimate scanning versatility with Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in lithium-ion battery and a pack of comprehensive PC/Mac software (ScanSnap Manager, ScanSnap Organizer, CardMinder, ABBYY FineReader and Microsoft SharePoint (PC only)). With ScanSnap iX100, mobile workers can now enjoy the freedom to carry out tasks from any location; even in locations where power source is not available.
An ideal scanning solution for insurance agents, sales people, auditors, lawyers or any other professional who needs to scan documents with uncompromising quality on the go. Users in small offices or students can also benefit from the compact format and versatility of the device.
Adapts automatically to the network environment
Equipped with built-in Wi-Fi, ScanSnap iX100 automatically detects and switches to the network environment at home, in the office or on the go. Users can scan wirelessly directly to their Android or iOS device even without a Wi-Fi access point.
- At home: connect via the access point of the router at home
- In the office: connect via the secured Wi-Fi network environment
- On the road: connect using the ad hoc mode without an access point
New features for new efficiency
Two advanced features in particular benefit to minimize time consumption for document scanning and to increase mobile users’ work efficiency.
- Dual Scan: This new feature allows users to scan two small size documents, like receipts or business cards, at the same time. The ScanSnap iX100 is able to automatically recognize the paper size – simply insert documents continuously to the paper feeding entry to greatly reduce your scanning time and lead to increased efficiency.
- Automatically stitch a two page spread: Documents up to A3 size can be scanned at ease. Just fold the large documents in half and the ScanSnap iX100 will automatically stitch the diagram or chart that is spread across two pages after scanning.
An improvised ScanSnap S1100i is available at the same time
Enchanced with similar advanced features of ScanSnap iX100, ScanSnap S1100i is your option to a mobile wired scanning on the go. It includes dual scan and is an upgraded entry model from its previous model, ScanSnap S1100 featuring convenient scanning on the go.
- For computer
|Driver (USB/Wi-Fi)||ScanSnap Manager V6.3||ScanSnap Manager V6.3|
|Image data management software||ScanSnap Organizer V5.2||ScanSnap Organizer V5.2|
|Business card management software||CardMinder V5.2||CardMinder V5.2|
|OCR software||ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnapTM 5.0||ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnapTM 5.0|
|ECM linkage software||Scan to Microsoft SharePoint||–|
- For Mobile device*4
|Driver (Wi-Fi)||ScanSnap Connect Application V2.4.0||ScanSnap Connect Application V2.4.0|
|ScanSnap iX100 Case||Intended for ScanSnap iX100|
|ScanSnap iX100 Soft Case||Intended for ScanSnap iX100 and included items|
|USB Power Adapter||Adapter that can charge iX100 using the included USB cable from AC power|
- List price may vary in different sales regions.
- Fujitsu Corporate site: http://www.fujitsu.com/sg/products/peripherals/scanner/
- Fujitsu ScanSnap Microsite: http://www.fujitsu-scansnap.com/
- Based on the investigation by PFU Limited on scanner with built-in battery and Wi-Fi connectivity (as of April 1st, 2014)
- Recommend to use ScanSnap A3 Carrier Sheet (sold separately) to protect the photos.
- Based on the investigation by PFU limited when the scanner is connected to the computer via Wi-Fi and scanning continuously. The number of sheets may vary according to the environment, usage and the battery life.
- The application for AndroidTM is available as a free download from Google Play by Google Inc. (from Amazon app store by Amazon.com, Inc. for Kindle users), and from App Store by Apple Inc. for iOS users. (cost involved for download shall be borne by the user).For S1100i, a computer (with Wi-Fi connectivity) where ScanSnap Manager is installed and Wi-Fi router/access point are necessary.
- ScanSnap and CardMinder are registered trademarks of PFU Limited in Japan.
- Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, Japan and/or other countries.
- Mac, Mac OS and iOS is the trademark of Apple, Inc.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- Wi-Fi is a trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
- ABBYY and FineReader are the trademark of ABBYY Software Ltd. of the respective countries or regions.
- Other company names and product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Asia
Fujitsu Asia was established in Singapore in 1997 to provide leadership in business development, technology innovation and customer support as regional headquarters for the Fujitsu group of companies in ASEAN. Building on Fujitsu’s three decades of experience in the ASEAN region and with a pool of highly skilled engineering talent, Fujitsu Asia is dedicated to providing comprehensive integrated IT-based business solutions that deliver tangible business value and enable customers to meet the challenges of the new global economy. Fujitsu Asia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702), a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. For details, please visit: http://sg.fujitsu.com.