Apple and IBM Deliver First Wave of IBM MobileFirst for iOS Apps
Big Data Analytics and Security Capabilities Arrive on iPhone & iPad
- Bangkok, Thailand – March 3, 2015: Apple and IBM deliver the first wave of IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions in a new class of made-for-business apps. Built exclusively for iPhone and iPad, IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps are delivered in a secure environment, embedded with analytics and linked to core enterprise processes. The apps can be customized for any organization and easily deployed, managed and upgraded via cloud services from IBM specifically for iOS devices, with security across the data, app and device.
- More than 50 foundational clients including Air Canada, American Eagle Outfitters, Banorte, Boots UK, Citi and Sprint have signed on for apps that deliver the complete expertise and capabilities of those companies to their employees wherever they interact with clients — faster, easier and more securely than ever before.
This first suite of IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions are now available to enterprise customers in banking, retail, insurance, financial services, telecommunications, energy and utilities and for governments and airlines, with additional apps being continuously designed and developed:
Solutions for Banking and Financial Markets
- Advisor Alerts: Financial professionals typically juggle hundreds of clients, often lacking the time to properly address individual client needs. Advisor Alerts uses analytics to help financial professionals prioritize client-related tasks awhile on-the-go, empowering them to make well-informed, timely decisions. Backed by customized analytics, the app tells the advisor what’s most important via a personalized dashboard that displays recommended next steps, portfolio-impacting alerts, and provides a communications platform to quickly delegate tasks to teams back in the office.
- Advise & Grow puts bankers on premise with their small business clients, with secure authorization to access client profiles and competitive analyses, gather analytics-driven insights to make personalized recommendations, and complete secure transactions.
- Trusted Advice allows advisors to access and manage client portfolios, gain insight from powerful predictive analytics — in the client’s kitchen or at the local coffee shop, rather than the advisor’s office — with full ability to test recommendations with sophisticated modeling tools all the way to complete, secure transactions.
Solution for Telecommunications
- Expert Tech taps into native iOS capabilities including FaceTime for easy access to expertise and location services for route optimization to deliver superior on-site service, more effective issue resolution and productivity as well as improved customer satisfaction.
Solutions for Retail
- Dynamic Buy: Retail buyers have historically relied more on instinct and experience than factual insight when making buying decisions. With Dynamic Buy, retailers gain real-time perspective and data-driven recommendations on how products are performing and seasonal recommendations, for example, helping retailers realize better return on investments.
- Sales Assist enables associates to connect with customer profiles, make suggestions based on previous purchases and current selections, check inventory, locate items in-store, and ship out-of-store items.
- Pick & Pack combines proximity-based technology with back-end inventory systems for transformed order fulfillment.
Solutions for Travel and Transportation
- Passenger Care: Travelers need assistance on the go, yet customer service agents remain tethered to their counters, leading to long lines and unresolved passenger issues. Passenger Care empowers customer service agents to address traveler needs from anywhere — offering passengers a smoother, more personalized experience while speeding check-in and easing airport congestion.
- Plan Flight addresses the major expense of all airlines — fuel — permitting pilots to view flight schedules, flight plans, and crew manifests ahead of time, report issues in-flight to ground crews, and make more informed decisions about discretionary fuel.
- Passenger+ empowers flight crews to offer an unmatched level of personalized services to passengers in-flight – including special offers, re-booking, and baggage information.
Solution for Insurance
• Retention empowers agents with access to customers’ profiles and history, including an analytics-driven retention risk score as well as smart alerts, reminders, and recommendations on next best steps and facilitation of key transactions like collection of e-signatures and premiums.
Solutions for Government
- Case Advice addresses the issue of workload and support among caseworkers who are making critical decisions, one family or situation at a time, on the go. The solution adjusts case priorities based on real-time analytics-driven insights, and assesses risk based on predictive analysis.
- Incident Aware converts an iPhone into a vital crime prevention asset, presenting law enforcement officers with real-time access to maps and video-feeds of incident locations; information about victim status, escalation risk, and crime history; and improved ability to call for back-up and supporting services.
To supplement the IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps, the partnership between Apple and IBM offers business customers additional levels of capability integrated for enterprise mobility, including:
- Mobile Platform and Enterprise Integration – Leveraging IBM’s global industry consulting expertise, client experience design and enterprise systems integration from analytics, workflow and cloud storage, to fleet-scale device management, security and integration. Enhanced mobile management includes a private app catalog, data and transaction security services, and productivity suite for all IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions. In addition to on-premise software solutions, all these services will be available on Bluemix—IBM’s development platform on the IBM Cloud Marketplace.
- Supply, activate and manage – Streamlined end-to-end procurement, deployment and lifecycle management — at scale; along with cloud solutions for enterprise security, device management, and data and process integration. IBM Global Financing leasing options and services to allow organizations to keep pace with latest device releases.
- AppleCare for the Enterprise – Providing IT departments and end users with 24/7 assistance for their devices from Apple’s award-winning customer support group, with on-site service delivered by IBM.
- For more information regarding the new Apple and IBM solutions, please visit http://www.ibm.com/mobilefirst/us/en/mobilefirst-for-ios.html or https://www.apple.com/business/mobile-enterprise-apps/
About IBM MobileFirst
- IBM’s 6,000 mobile experts have been at the forefront of mobile enterprise innovation. IBM has secured more than 4,300 patents in mobile, social and security, which have been incorporated into IBM MobileFirst solutions that enable enterprise clients to radically streamline and accelerate mobile adoption, help organizations engage more people and capture new markets. Through IBM’s partnership with Apple, the two organizations are transforming enterprise mobility with a new class of industry specific business apps. For more information on IBM MobileFirst, visit the press kit or ibm.com/mobilefirst. Follow @IBMMobile on Twitter, and see IBM MobileFirst on YouTube, Tumblr and Facebook.