TIDAL Discovery Adds Two New Distribution Partners
DistroKid and TuneCore join TIDAL to Provide Distribution Services for Unsigned Artists
(New York, 23 June 2015): Global music and entertainment platform TIDAL today announces two new distribution partners to its TIDAL Discovery service – DistroKid and TuneCore. TIDAL Discovery is the new place to find the music of tomorrow.
DistroKid and TuneCore join previously announced partners Record Union and Phonofile, providing further choice for independent artists that want to get their music on TIDAL. Through TIDAL Discovery, artists can select their preferred distribution partner and royalty structure, making it easy and beneficial for artists that are not signed to a traditional label to release their music through streaming.
With TIDAL Discovery, TIDAL aims to get unsigned bands and artists out to a broader audience worldwide. Select releases will be featured in monthly TIDAL playlists and promoted alongside TIDAL exclusives. To support TIDAL Discovery, TIDAL will actively engage in the marketing and promotion of new talent including staging a series of Discovery concerts across the US featuring some of the top streaming Discovery artists.
Bands and artists interested can read more about TIDAL Discovery and register at the TIDAL website:
- Go to tidal.com/discovery
- Make sure you are ready with your:
- Cover Art (min 1500×1500 / 72dpi)
- Rights of use
- Choose your preferred partner and terms, Phonofile, Record Union, DistroKid or TuneCore and press Start
- Fill out the registration info with your chosen provider – upload and get on TIDAL!
TIDAL Discovery is a place for TIDAL subscribers to exclusively discover the music of tomorrow so that it becomes their music of today. As a music fan – Find the new stars at listen.tidal.com/discovery. For additional background, visit www.tidal.com
TIDAL gives its members access to exclusive music, videos, tickets, merchandise and experiences that you can’t find anywhere else. Members will also get access to exclusive playlists created by artists and TIDAL’s music editors, which provide a closer look into music and artists. A free month of service is available to all new TIDAL members. The service is ad-free and available on www.tidal.com, or the TIDAL app can be downloaded from iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store.
TIDAL music streaming experience at a glance:
• More than 30 million music tracks
• Lossless sound quality (FLAC/ALAC 44.1kHz / 16 bit – 1411 kbps)
• More than 75,000 music videos
• Curated Editorial provided by experienced music journalists and industry experts
• Dedicated apps available for iOS and Android phones and tablets
• Web player and dedicated app for PC/Mac
• Support for a wide range of home music network players
TIDAL is an innovative music and entertainment platform to experience and discover music from artists around the world, enjoy access to exclusive and curated content, and connect and share with artists. TIDAL is available in 44 countries with a catalog of over 30 million songs and more than 75,000 high quality videos. The service offers high fidelity, CD sound quality, high quality video, expertly curated content and unique offline experiences for members. Follow TIDAL at http://facebook.com/tidal and http://twitter.com/tidalhifi