“Breaking Down the PC Gaming Market in Asia”
The infographic is already uploaded on the IDC Infographic Library
Click link to access http://infographics.
- As total PC shipments continue to decline, more vendors are turning towards the Gaming PC market to generate interest. This infographic takes a closer look at the Gaming PC landscape in Asia Pacific.
- IDC’s infographic shows 50% of consumers in Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APeJ) use their PC for gaming. 9% of consumers surveyed are hardcore gamers.
- In 1H2015, 15% of desktop PC shipments in China went to Internet cafes.
- Hardcore gamers’ PC preference for gaming vary according to country. Laptop is mostly preferred in China while Hong Kong consumers prefer branded desktops. In Taiwan, majority of hardcore gamers prefer non-branded desktop for gaming.
- The top vendors for branded gaming PCs in APeJ for Q3’ 15 are: Asus, MSI and Acer. In China, Lenovo is the top brand followed by Haier and Asus respectively.
- Based on IDC’s Q3’15 Asia/Pacific PC Tracker, 62.5% of gaming notebooks shipped in the region were within the price range of $650<$900.