Autodesk Releases AutoCAD 2017
Latest release features improved performance and fidelity of 2D and 3D graphics, 3D graphics stability, and seamless delivery of product updates
Bangkok, 30 March 2016 – Autodesk today announced the availability of AutoCAD® 2017 to help users stay at the forefront of design.
The latest release enables users to work faster and smarter across connected desktop and mobile solutions, easily collaborate with colleagues, create personalized design experiences, and stay up-to-date with the newest features and updates.
Key features in AutoCAD 2017 include:
- IMPORT PDFs – A top-requested feature based on user feedback, PDFs have been added to the supported ‘Import File’ formats. This makes it possible to import geometry, TrueType text and raster images from a PDF file or underlay into the current drawing as AutoCAD objects.
- AUTODESK DESKTOP APP – This companion application replaces Autodesk Application Manager, and sees product updates and learning content being seamlessly delivered to help users get the most out of new features in AutoCAD 2017. Users also get the latest security patches and updates for all 2015, 2016, and 2017 versions of Microsoft® Windows®-based Autodesk® products without disrupting their workflow. Additionally, the Autodesk Desktop App can detect if a user is subscribed to AutoCAD, and will offer subscription-only updates and learning content for products when available.
- DWG YOU CAN TRUST – With AutoCAD LT 2017, users can create and share drawings with confidence using TrustedDWG™ technology, the original and most accurate way to store and exchange design data in DWG format.
- SMART CENTERLINES/CENTER MARKS – Creating and editing centerlines and center marks is now faster and more intuitive. When users move associated objects, the centerlines and center marks update accordingly.
AutoCAD LT® 2017 – The 2017 version of AutoCAD LT offers smart 2D drafting tools that help speed users’ documentation work. Subscribers to AutoCAD LT also get the AutoCAD 360 Mobile App, which allows them to view, create and edit drawings on their phone or tablet, add text, markup and make changes to drawings in real time, and share designs and revisions directly from their mobile device. They also get direct one-on-one global phone support, support via chat, faster response times, and more, with Autodesk’s enhanced support benefits. These are included at no extra cost to subscribers of AutoCAD LT.
AutoCAD 2017 and AutoCAD LT 2017 are available in local language in Thailand from today via subscription with pay-as-you-go quarterly, annual and multi-year options.
To learn more about AutoCAD 2017:
- Visit the full list of new product features available here, or watch this video
- Download the AutoCAD 2017 Preview Guide right now for detailed information on all the new functionality
- Download a free trial of AutoCAD® 2017
Autodesk is a leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software. Autodesk helps people imagine, design and create a better world. Everyone—from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists—uses Autodesk software to unlock their creativity and solve important challenges. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.